Ten years ago, Samsung started working with the Spanish Federation of Breast Cancer (FECMA), collaborating and promoting different initiatives with the aim of raising funds and supporting research projects.
To mark the 10th anniversary of this collaboration, both FECMA and Samsung wanted to do something more: capture the attention of the media to encourage donation and give visibility to all those who fight against cancer.
The challenge was to come up with a strong idea, to command attention in the newsrooms and let them see there is another war that goes totally unnoticed: breast cancer. One of the biggest and toughest battles of our time and one that affects 1 in 4 women.
Describe the creative idea
Samsung and FECMA present:
War Correspondents on Breast Cancer, an poignant photo report that aims to recognize and give visibility to the commitment and intense work of all those who fight daily against breast cancer.
A unique journalistic project, captured through the eyes of the Pulitzer Prize winning Spanish war photojournalist Manu Brabo. He exposes the disease from a never before seen point of view. A report that unites two different but surprisingly similar worlds.
An exhibition of 42 photographs, a documentary and a special book in the format of the photographers personal files.
For each view of the documentary online and for each download, Samsung donated €1 to FECMA.
Describe the execution
War Correspondents on Breast Cancer is a poignant photoreport in which War Correspondent and Pulitzer Prize winner Manu Brabo, covers the war on cancer and portrays it in a way never seen before. As a
- 13 minute video documentary covered by the main media outlets and journalists in Spain, such as El País, El Mundo, Forbes, La Vanguardia, GQ, El Mundo, Vice, L’Officiel y otros.
• 20s spot for social media, a reduced format adapted to this medium.
• Web: www.samsung.com/es/corresponsalesdeguerraenelcancerdemama
Where the documentary, digital book were hosted. Direct donation was encouraged.
• Digital photo book for download and donation.
• Temporary exhibition of 15 photographs to sensitize society about what and how all the people who live and survive the disease feel.
• A hashtag campaign #CGCM, to allow people to follow all the content on social media.
List the results
The results were amazing. During the first 15 days of the national campaign, national and international media covered the news.
103,008,265 media reach
187,391 Downloads of the book
€4.2 M ad value
Over 1.000 visitors to the exhibition in 2 days
€ 200,000 Donated by Samsung
97% positive comments