MEDIAGARES - WELCOME BILLBOARD
|Title||MEDIAGARES - WELCOME BILLBOARD|
|Product/Service||ADVERTISING SALES AGENCY |
||A07. Use of Real-time Data|
BUZZMAN Paris, FRANCE
BUZZMAN Paris, FRANCE
NANO VILLE Joinville Le Pont, FRANCE
||President and Executive Creative Director
||Vice - President
|Victorine Rozon Jaricot
||Art Director Assistant
||Head of New Business
||Head of Communication & PR
||PR & Communication Manager
||Lead Motion Designer
|Elliott Causse & Thomas Causse
Why is this work relevant for Creative Data?
Billions of datas are moving around us today and we have no consciousness of it.
As our campaign is integrated in train stations we have observe millions of people travelling and moving constantly that are themselves creating data.
In result of this acknowledgement, we have created a dedicated tunnel data that has been installated in record time - 1 month to gather and connect everything and without any trouble, to transform datas into personalised messages, during 6 weeks.
Using an well-know media with an unexploited potential, and transform it into a true personalised billboard.
Everyday in France around 10 millions of people are travelling by train. We have observed a progression of 45% of people taking the train in the 10 past years, and this up to 5 days a week. The network is evolving, the digital equipment such as the screens are used to entertain millions of people every year and brands are using this media to touch them in these real lifetime and consommation moments.
Showing the efficiency, flexibility and hyper-targeting ability of advertising displays in train stations by creating a brand new technology using data to create emotion.
Mixing real time datas with more than 25,000 differents criterias such as geolocation, hour, train ID numbers, targets, to deliver a personal message at the right time and the right location. Surprising people and creating emotion through a specific media helped by the magic of real time datas diffusion.
Describe the Creative idea / data solution (20% of vote)
Mediagares, the number one DOOH display network in french stations, wants to show that its screens can do more than just show 10-second video loops.
They can be much more creative.
How about launching an innovative media project to appeal to the million travellers who say goodbye in train stations every day?
This is: "Welcome Billboard. Surprise your loved ones when they arrive."
After saying goodbye to your loved ones, you create a video for them in the Welcome Billboard app, and then you select their arrival station and time. Synchronising in real time 250,000 parameters.
Your video message is then displayed on the DOOH screens when they arrive at their destination.
The message follows them through the train station thanks to ultra-precise geolocation.
Describe the data driven strategy (30% of vote)
Use and connect our strengths to create a full custom strategy around data to re-create emotion.
We targeted every travellers that can be catch by the campaign. The use and the transformation of the datas they implement into the web application is translated into a personalised message broadcasted in real time on the dedicated billboards.
All the data is driven by the web application that is itself connected to three main actors:
- The SNCF API, to follow the train ID and be sure that the message is travelling in meantime as the train. If the train is delayed, the message will arrive at the same time
- The backoffice of our technology laboratory: Elise Technology, that gather, moderate and send the information to the last actor
- Mediagares technical local that is capting and translating the information to broadcast it into the right ID screen, at the right
Describe the creative use of data, or how the data enhanced the creative output (30% of vote)
The animated and dynamic content was broadcast on more than 735 screens, in 22 train stations, for 52 days!
The campaign was fully developed to be visible in each corner of a train station:
- Didactic videos broadcast during 8 weeks: A short didactic video of 10s to teach and show step by step how the operation worked and how to send a personal message.
- Print campaign: 3 differents iterations to support the campaign during 8 weeks, and giant posters on stategic walls.
- Personal contents themself, visible on the screens each time someone recorded a message through our web application.
- Web application: the link was written on all the components, and accessible on mobile and tablets. The web application was an fast way to ask people to register a message. We used the nearest user experience of a booking ticket application: only 3 steps
List the data driven results (20% of vote)
The aim of the operation was first to show that Mediagares is the leader of communication in train station through digital media.
How ? by creating a creative, viral and innovative operation by letting the customers themself created the content they want to see on the billboards.
The results of this is :
-100 000 traveller engagements
-100 millions impressions on social media
- hundred press releases in France and international countries
- 7,9 millions of people touch in 7 days by our campaign in the stations